Welcome to Oogababy (“Oogababy”, “we”, “our”, “us”). Oogababy is an online tool that lets parents capture precious baby moments, track growth and development, share with friends and family, and relive parenthood interactively.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information:
Information you directly provide to us:
- Your username, password and email address when you create an Oogababy account.
- Certain non-identifying information including, but not limited to, your and your child’s/children’s gender, date of birth, due date, time of birth, city, postal code, state, country, language, timezone, etc ("Personal Information").
- The names, user ids and gender of your friends and registered partner to enable us to connect you with these people on the Services.
- If you choose to connect your Facebook account or any other social network or media accounts such as Twitter and Youtube to your Oogababy account, we collect your user id and access token to such accounts.
- Information that you provide for your user profile, including your and your child’s/ children’s first and last name, picture, phone number. This information allows us to help you and others be “found” on Oogababy.
- User Content (including, photos, videos, comments and other materials) that you post on the Services (or that other users post on the Services and which you or your children are “tagged” into), information you post in relation to your child's growth such as weight, height and head circumference (collectively "Measurements") (so that we can plot them on the Oogababy Growth Chart), information in relation to vaccination of your child ("Vaccination Info"), information you post in relation to your child’s development (collectively “Milestones”), etc.
- Communications between you and Oogababy (for example, we may send you emails in relation to the Services such as account verification, changes/ updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
Inviting your friends to Oogababy:
- If you choose, you can use our “Invite friends” feature to locate other people without Oogababy accounts through third-party social media sites such as Facebook.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends on our Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving our Services. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual user.
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically transmitted to us each time you make a request to access (ie., visit) our Services using a browser or an app. It can also be provided when the content on the web page or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Services, our servers automatically record certain data in log files, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser or device type, referring/ exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- When you use a device like a tablet or mobile phone to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/ or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Oogababy.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalised content and advertisements.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information collected through Oogababy to:
- respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, complaints and provide customer service;
- help you efficiently access your information after you log into Oogababy;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- diagnose or resolve technological problems;
- provide, improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of our Services;
- develop and test new features;
- automatically update the Oogababy application;
- allow you to share content in relation to your child’s activities with your friends on Oogababy;
- let your friends know that it is your child's birthday;
- predict your child's measurements and development;
- for statistical purposes on an anonymous basis;
- provide you with personalised services and relevant advertisements targeted to your interests;
- send you notifications, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of the Services;
- allow you to add your location to your posts;
- find and connect you with your friends;
- let your friends know about your child's activities;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns; and
- any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Which information do we share with third parties?
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like log files, device identifiers and location data, with third-party service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our Services (these service providers will be given access to your personal information as is reasonably necessary to perform services on behalf of Oogababy).
- We may share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising agencies to enable us to provide you with advertising that you may find interesting.
- We may share non-identifiable information and aggregated information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
- We may share your information when you give us consent to share it with certain parties, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you post on the Services and choose to share with your Oogababy friends and only in accordance with the preferences set in your account. To change your privacy settings on the Services, please change your profile settings. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Any information you expressly choose to share with other social networking services.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use under our public Oogababy API.
Preserving and sharing of information for legal compliance:
We may access, preserve and share your information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, search warrants and court orders. This may include responding to legal requests from a variety of jurisdictions where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect Oogababy, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
How do we store your information?
Storage and processing:
- Your information collected through the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Oogababy, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Oogababy, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States of America law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- If you remove information that you posted to our Services, copies may remain viewable in cached or archived pages on our Services, or if other users or third parties using Oogababy API have copied or saved that information.
Links to other sites
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Steps we take to protect your information online
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information (such as requesting a unique password and allowing you to set your settings to private) in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Steps you can take to protect your information online
Your account information and profile/ privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Oogababy, at all times.
- Your privacy settings may be affected by changes to the social media services you choose to connect to your Oogababy account. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organisation.
Accessing and modifying your information
If you have an account with Oogababy, you can access and modify the personal information that you provided us that is associated with your account. You may "opt out" of receiving notifications from us by changing your account preferences. If you opt out of these notifications, you will not receive notifications from Oogababy but will continue to receive communications that are considered part of Oogababy's service such as emails about your account and other emails that are pertinent to our services.
How long do we keep your User Content?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Oogababy, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/ or audit purposes.
If you have any questions about the termination or deactivation of your account information, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Effective: November 11, 2015